Re: QUESTIONNAIRE: Debian Project Leadership

Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> writes:

> > > debian legal has the experts, they should know and feel responsible
> > > and decide

> > Since when are they 'experts'?  Frankly, I want to see some law
> > degrees, or the equivalent work experience in the legal field, before
> > I start listening to most of those people.

> You realize that interpreting what is and is not "free" according to
> the DFSG is not formally a question of law?

Doesn't it really come down to deciding if, under a given license, you
can or cannot do certain things with the software?  That would require
interpretation of the license, something that a professional would be
much more qualified to undertake.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/