Re: General Resolution draft against spam.

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 06:59:26PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> - The public web archives of the different debian mailing lists, past,
> present and future, will be processed so that it becomes impossible
> for an ordinary user not having special privileges to mail someone who
> posted something to any debian list.

The number of useless postings of the following form will increase:

"Can the person who posted <URL:http://lists.debian.org/..../> please
contact me? I want to know if I can please (get a copy of their source|
ask about how it works|find out of that really is a typo|find out
if the information is now obsolete|find out when/if it is going
to be implemented|etc)?

"Sorry about posting this to the mailing list, but I can't seem to
work out what your E-Mail address is from the mailing list archive."
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>