Re: Dec 15 voting amendment draft

On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 01:50 AM, Raul Miller wrote:

    7. The decision will be made using A.6 of the Standard Resolution

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 01:01:48AM -0500, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
Insert "section" between "using" and "A.6"

Hmm... is it a section or an appendix?  Should it matter?  Currently,

Either is fine.

What does this add?

Nothing; it just makes it sound a little better.

Currently, the constitution is ascii, and doesn't use "§" at all.

Ah. Understood.

I'm tempted to leave the "amendments and options" bit the way it is,
but I need to think about this a bit more to figure out why or why not
or what else instead.

Problem is that you're using options in the sentence twice with a different meaning each time. Maybe if you changed the second occurrence of "options" to "choices" it'd be clearer. [The first one could be changed instead, but that'd require a bunch of other changes.]

   The secretary may also include suggestions on how to proceed,
   if appropriate.

I don't think that sentence is needed.

Are you saying this is a bad hint?

No, it's a good hint. It just seems out of place in the constitution.

Also, "filled in" seems to be slightly preferred over "filled out",
according to Google.

Interesting.

But does this matter?

Nope. It's just interesting. The meaning is clear either way.

Anthony Towns covered the suggestions on moving the definitions around in <20021216072445.GA16509@azure.humbug.org.au>, and I agree with him.

No, it's not possible -- the default option should always be eliminated
at A.6.3.

Ah... I guess I'll defer to Anthony Towns in <20021216071342.GA16417@azure.humbug.org.au> this time. I got lost somewhere in that appendix; it reads like a math textbook...