Re: Hybrid Theory

Raul Miller wrote:

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 12:54:21AM +1100, Clinton Mead wrote:
This is interesting. But how is the default option different to the status quo?

The default option resolves nothing.

If the default option is "further discussion": unless a decision is made
to drop the issue [and this is an independent decision from "further
discussion"], the default option means that we continue to attempt to
come up with some resolution which may change status quo.

If the default option is "none of the above" [a leader vote]: we always
continue with a new election after a defaulted election, and it plain
doesn't make sense to talk about a followup election with the same votes
to pick another leader.

FYI,

I'm a little confused about the default option, and what the intention of a supermajority is.

Assume the default option is different to the status quo, as you have indicated above.

Assume these options.