Re: an informal discussion of proof issues

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 11:36:49PM +0100, Jochen Voss wrote:
> Hello,
[my writeup on criteria and quorum elided]
> So this is price.  The obvious question is:
> what does it buy us?  Is it worth the price?
>
> What do you think?

It buys us some independence from apathetic decision making.

As the number of voters increases, the sample mean tends to converge on
the distribution mean.  As the number of voters decreases, the sample
mean can seriously diverge from the distribution mean.

Quorum keeps us away from the worst cases of this.

--
Raul