Re: Proposal - non-free software removal

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 07:21:34PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Pursuant to Appendix A of the Debian Constitution and the guidelines offered
> at http://www.debian.org/vote/howto_proposal, I hereby offer the following
> draft proposal as the beginning of a General Resolution process to decide
> this issue.

I second the proposal in <[🔎] 20021111012134.GA2324@complete.org> as posted
to the debian-vote list by John Goerzen.

> Sponsors should reply to this message.  According to the guidelines, all
> other discussion is to occur in debian-devel, and I will start a thread
> there with some prelminary analyses of this proposal.

-project is a better list, but if the secretary's guidelines say to use
-devel instead, I guess you're stuck.  Maybe the guidelines should be
updated?

I would like to a very minor amendment to this proposal.  I will not
withdraw my second if you elect not to accept it.

> D. That the maintainer of the Debian Policy Manual, or an appointee of
> the Debian Project Leader, be directed to update that manual
[...]
> E. That the maintainers of the Debian archives and website, or an
> appointee of the Debian Project Leader, be directed to implement the

s/appointee/delegate/

I think it is preferable that we employ in this resolution the term used
by the Constitution for such people.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    People are equally horrified at
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    hearing the Christian religion