Re: [atlarge-discuss] online voting

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 03:14:38PM +0200, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
> On Fri, 17 May 2002 08:02:40 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >I like where Vittorio is going with this, having multiple ways to being
> >certified for the voter rolls... the big problem will be cases where a
> >person turns up more than one.    I am a domain owner.  I belong to some
> >organizations.   How do you check to see that I vote only once?
>
> Identity verification mechanisms should include certification of at
> least your first and last name, birth date and postal address. If all
> of them match (or perhaps: first name + last name + birth date +
> nationality) you should be considered to be the same person.

civil services usually use first name + last name + birth date + place
of birth, nationality not being enough to guarantee that there are no
people with the same name born in the same place. Incidentaly you can
also get the bird certificate easily that way.

buyt then nationality may be enou8gh for you.

Friendly,

Sven Luther