Re: Call for votes for the debian project leader election 2002

On Thursday, March 28, 2002, at 04:16 AM, David N. Welton wrote:

All hail emperor me,

In playing WarCraft II, there are a few things I've learned about this that I'd like to pass along.

First, peasants are easy to rule, as long as you don't overwork them too much. After all, they all chant, routinely, "yes me lord". That can't be a bad thing, not one bit.

Second, footmen are generally agreeable, too. Same holds for archers. Knights are exceptionally agreeable, and only give you issues if you make then stand around and do nothing. Give then dpkg's or apt's bug list, and that'll keep them happy for ages!

Third, mages (and I'd assume gurus, wizzards, hackers, and sages) should not be bugged to much. They anger quickly, and when they do, you'd better run. In other words.

Fourth, don't poke your pet too much. It will explode. No, I mean it.

And, lastly, and maybe most importantly, I propose a that we give Emperer David N. Welton a funny pointy hat. Can I either get a first (and seconds) from some registered developers, or alternatively a few henchmen to back me up?