Re: New Debian Project Leader Chosen

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 12:38:18AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Hmm, OK. A real reference. I'd always assumed it was just poor
> > practice (given that the general population has serious trouble
> > with the apostrophe).
> >
> > I wonder if this applies to British/Australian English as well.
>
> The older rule was to put in more apostrophes than the Chicago manual
> says, but I don't know if that older rule was British or not.

undoubtedly this was due to the influence of big business interests like
the chicago apostrophe factory on US federal politics. it's well known
that they were working with the aliens to overthrow the british empire
and bring in the new world order.

and it worked.  just look around you and see how many people misuse
apostrophes these days.  it's the secret sign of the conspirators.

i'll be keeping a close eye on Ben's use of apostrophes from now on. i
urge you all to do the same.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

      GnuPG Key: 1024D/CD5626F0
Key fingerprint: 9674 7EE2 4AC6 F5EF 3C57  52C3 EC32 6810 CD56 26F0