Re: ballot bounced

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 10:51:03PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
> It looks like ~maor/dinstall/debian-keyring.gpg hasn't changed since
> April 2000.  Is the intent to prevent maintainers who are not around
> for at least a year from voting or is this a bug?

A few minutes ago I responded in a sarcastic way to this mail.
I'd like to apologize.  I thought I was seeing another hare-brained
conspiracy theory (one that included notifying the victim, no less),
and I responded to that.

Sam pointed out that he was simply allowing for the conceivable
possibility that he had missed such a rule about who could vote,
and he was nice enough to do that without flaming me back.

At this point we agree that his wording could have been better,
and I'll take the incident as a sign that I should be less
trigger happy.  My new rule: ask first, you can always shoot
them later.

Richard Braakman