Re: my answers to questions

bam@debian.org (Brian May) writes:

>     Bdale> highest-profile examples at home are Quicken and Turbotax
>     Bdale> for my complex personal finances
>
> Would you consider changing to an alternative (eg. gnucash) if/when it
> does everything you need/want from it?
>
> Or, would you prefer the stability of using an existing product that
> you know to be reliable (assuming this is the case)?

I'm looking forward to moving from Quicken to gnucash at some point.

It's less clear to me that there will ever be an Open Source tax preparation
program that can handle my needs.  Our tax codes are ridiculously complex
and change every year... and my tax situation is complicated.  Given the cost
and complexity of working with a professional tax preparer, and the potential
cost of a calculation failure if it results in an IRS audit, I'm willing to
continue paying a modest amount for a proprietary program to perform this
function every year.  It would be nicer if there were one that ran on Linux,
of course...

Bdale