Re: my platform for Debian Project Leader

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 12:02:42PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Branden Robinson wrote:
> > [please follow-up to debian-project@lists.debian.org]
> No, follow-up to debian-vote, it was created for this purpose.

seconded.

> > I cannot at present find a canonical list of current delegates.
> I'm offline at the moment and the exact URL escapes me, but this list is
> on www.debian.org and was created about 2 yaers ago.

http://www.debian.org/intro/organization

is the one I believe you think of.

> > As DPL, I'd like to see this channel's status officially recognized, and a
> > position on the two subjects above formally stated.  If #debian-devel is
> > not to be substantively different from #debian, that is fine; a new channel
> > can be created to serve the needs that (in my opinion) #debian-devel
> > currently does, and with some access controls in place.
>
> I'll object to this. #debian-devel should be like the debian-devel list:
> open for developers, not closed. That is the way it has been since the
> very beginning and I hate to see that change. Make #debian-private if
> you want.

#debian-private does exist, but nobody goes in there.
the channel description reads:

+ NM Applicants + Mirror Admins + OPN Gods + people vouched
for by one of the previous groups

Which I  disagree with. I think it should be Debian
Developers *only*. Basically look after it the same way you look
after -private.

--
Brian Russo      <brusso@phys.hawaii.edu>
Debian/GNU Linux <wolfie@debian.org> http://www.debian.org