Re: my platform for Debian Project Leader

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 04:29:15PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Nevertheless, if elected DPL, I realize that I turn the temperature
> > down on my occasional email flame of a fellow developer.  That's a
> > sacrifice I'm willing to make.
>
> It's funny that someone who wants to be the Project Leader uses the
> word "sacrifice" here.

i thought it was quite amusing and perfectly in character for branden.

he's acknowledging what some people would consider a fault and saying
he'll moderate himself a bit.

"sacrifice" also seems an appropriate word to use - what else would
you call refraining from flaming someone who well and truly deserves it?

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

      GnuPG Key: 1024D/CD5626F0
Key fingerprint: 9674 7EE2 4AC6 F5EF 3C57  52C3 EC32 6810 CD56 26F0