Re: [nomination] here we go...

Ben Collins wrote:
> Let's get the ball rolling with nominations...I, of course, am running
> again this year. I'm very sorry to hear that Wichert is not running for
> a third term, since he is a worthy candidate for DPL (as he has proven
> over the last 2+ years). Hopefully we'll see some new blood step forth
> for nominations in this election.

Someone check my calculations -- Wiggy entered his second term on March
17th last year. The consitution says the new DPL should enter office one
year later, with nominations beginning 9 weeks before that and lasting 3
weeks, then campaigning for 3 weeks, then voting for 3 weeks.

So the next DPL should enter office on March 17th; voting should begin
on February 25th, campaigning begins on February 4th, and the nomination
period began on the 14th. More or less.

--
see shy jo