Re: Sponsor this

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 07:23:35PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> 	30	ABCXo
> 	20	BCAXo
> 	10	XBCAo
> 	30	XCABo

[aside: that construct looks a lot like what we were talking about off-list]

Interesting, and it didn't even require supermajority, just five options.

Drats.

I guess that means I should either change the name (pull out smith)
or change the mechanism.  Straw poll (mostly I'm interested in hearing
what people who have sponsored the proposal think): should I go for the
quick fix (change name from Smith/Condorcet to Condorcet, limit ballots
to less than five distinct options), or should I go for the real fix
(supplement step the new A.6(6) with smith criteria)?

Thanks,

--
Raul