Re: Formal CFV: General Resolution to Abolish Non-Free

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 10:56:39PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 08:49:03AM -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
>
> > Not so.. the call for vote can only come from the proposer or one of the
> > sponsors. (A.2.1)
>
> I think it's a terminology confusion thing: the proponent has to request
> a vote, but normally the CFV is the thing that contains the ballot paper
> and whatnot.  Am I right in thinking that needs to come from you?

Part of the terminology comes from the constitution which states (sic) that
the proposer or one of the seconds can call for vote at any time after the
discussion period has ended.  The person can state what they think the
ballot should say but final ballot and it's wording will come from the
Project Secretary.