Re: Resending private mail to public lists

On 13 Nov 2000, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> Robert Woodcock <rcw@debian.org> writes:

> > > [more stuff]
> >
> > Thomas, why did you resend this spectacle of private mail to the lists?
> >
> > It's *private* *mail*. Treat it as such. For the sanity of the rest of us.
>
> I have instructed Craig that private mail from him is no welcome under
> any circumstances, and that any mail he sends to me I can only
> interpret as intended for public lists, and will resend it to the list
> that seems most connected to the mail.

The list I see as most connected for this is /dev/null.  More power to you
if that's your route: alias Craig right off your mailer if that's what
trips your trigger.  Make a new character device /dev/craig_is_a_loser
major 1 and minor 3 and pipe him to it.  Have fun with it, so long as it
stays within your personal space.

> If you think Craig should not send such mail, then you should boot him
> from the lists in question.

Ignoring is one thing, I respect your right to do it, but calling for
public muzzling is out of line.  He has as much right to be heard as
yourself, so I think it only fair that if he goes, so do you.