Re: expiry announcement

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 11:31:13AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> THE ONLY REASON IT EXPIRED WAS DUE TO YOUR OWN IRRESPONSIBILITY OR
> PERSONAL BIAS.
>
> I feel it is extremely disconcerting that our Secretary has the power
> to kill any resolution he doesn't like simply by appearing to be gone
> (whether he is or not).  Furthermore, I find it even more surprising
> that the Secretary did not feel that the amendment had expired prior
> to conducting the vote, but after he has the results of the vote,
> feels differently.

Perhaps this is because Branden only pointed out the expiry
after the ballot was issued?

that most Debian developers have lives away from Debian. Most of
us have day jobs which have nothing to do with Debian. I would
not even be interested in a day job working on Debian if one
was offered to me. So try to have some perspective.

If you want Darren to resign as secretary, then ask him to do
so directly rather than just being rude about it. We all know
that if you're rude enough to people in Debian they quit
eventually, but there are better ways.

Not that I think Darren should resign.

Hamish