Re: [CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT] Disambiguation of 4.1.5

>>"Peter" == Peter Makholm <peter@makholm.net> writes:

 >> 4. The Developers by way of General Resolution or election
 >>
 >> 4.1. Powers
 >>
 >> Together, the Developers may:

 >> 2. Amend this constitution, provided they agree with a 3:1 majority.

 >> +   5.2 Initially, the list of foundation Documents consists
 >> +       of this document, The Debian Constitution, as well as the
 >> +       documents known as the Debian GNU/Linux Social Contract and the
 >> +       Debian Free Software Guidelines. The list of the documents
 >> +       that are deemed to be "Foundation Documents" may be changed
 >> +       by the developers provided they agree with a 3:1 majority.

 Peter> Is it wise to let amendments to the constitution be regulated by two
 Peter> rules? Why not drop the first rule to improve maintainability.

	Where do you see two rules to regulate constitutional
 amendments? One rules is for the constitution, the other rule is on
 how to amend a totally separate list of Foundation documents.

	manoj
--
 "Is it just me, or does anyone else read `bible humpers' every time
 someone writes `bible thumpers?' Joel M. Snyder, jms@mis.arizona.edu