Re: Non-Constitutional Voting Procedure

 Thomas> Sven LUTHER <luther@debian.org> writes:
 >> Well, because you have no use for most of the stuff in non-free,
 >> it don't mean that other people have not need of it.

 Thomas> People having a use for X does not imply that Debian should distribute
 Thomas> X.

	This is true, but mostly irrelevant statement. It is equally
 true to say that if some people have no use for a piece of software,
 that is not reason enough for Debian not to package it. Again True,
 and again not really relevant.

	The principle we have operated upon, so far, is that if it is
 deemed legal to put the software up on an internet server, and if a
 Debian developer isinterested enough in the software to package it
 up, it was included on the ftp site. So far, that is the criteria
 that has been used (not that some person somewhere has or has not a
 use for it).

	manoj
 fascinated by the strange cortortions of, umm, logic, and the lack
 thereof, that this discussion is taking
--
 A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and
 ask for it back the when it begins to rain. Robert Frost