Re: Removing non-free - reality check.

On 09 Jun 2000, Taketoshi Sano <kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp> wrote:

> [...]
>
> So, if the phrase "Does Debian distribute non-free software or not?"
> means "The Debian Project makes accessible the non-free packages ?",
> then answer is Yes.  But if it means "The Official Debian System
> includes the non-free softwares ?"  then answer is No.

Thanks for your  words.  I also think that  outcasting non-free is not
the way to go.  Even if we would all like to see more free software, I
believe we  must also be tolerant  to non-free.  The better  is not to
kick out non-free but to say:  here you have non-free if you want, but
look here,  you have  a so much  better free software...!   The choice
will then be obvious -- no need to use any force...

Regards,
ChriS