Re: Negative Summary of the Split Proposal

First off, I also use Netscape instead of Mozilla because Mozilla is not
yet ready for primetime (although M7 was close). I'm simply playing
devil's advocate here:

On 03-Jul-99, 23:34 (CDT), Chris Lawrence <quango@watervalley.net> wrote:
> My choice to use Netscape doesn't hurt
> anyone else (certainly nobody in the free software community...).
> Hell, it helps people who have stock in AOL (including many people who
> own mutual funds who invest in AOL), AOL's employees, Netscape's
> employees, the people who work on Mozilla, and the people who will use
> Mozilla when it's stable.  I can sleep at night using and maintaining
> non-free software.

One could argue that cumulative effect of all of us continuing to use
Netscape *is*, in fact, harming the development of Mozilla. Presumably
some of the users would be both sufficiently inconvenienced and
sufficiently capable to commit a week of evenings to writing/fixing
something, and a killer version of Mozilla would have been released 3
months ago.

One of the guilty,
Steve