Re: Ad hoc and spontaneous voting

***** JG => Jason Gunthorpe

JG> On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Darren O. Benham wrote:

>> I don't think it should be "any blind ramblings" but a situation where the
>> Secretary is required to write the pro and con summaries won't work,
>> either.  Even he has opinions that would taint the choice he didn't like.

JG> Well, I mean you should get to select which write ups get onto the web
JG> page.. Like if I write something that is obviously crazy and submit it,
JG> you should be able to turn me away.

What about the proposer of a vote writing the pros, and---at the end
of the discussion period---anybody so inclined submitting cons by
means of a procedure similar to the amendment one (i.e., with a proper
number of supporters, I mean).

Regards,

--
Davide G. M. Salvetti - IW5DZC [JN53fr] - <http://www.linux.it/%7Esalve/>