Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

These methods only work reliably if one uses dselect or apt.

The philosophical/political/religious status of Debian packages is
usually only found in the Packages files, those of us who don't use the
package fetching tools (too much overhead for me) do not have this
information handy unless we specifically went and downloaded the
Packages files.

So... until Debian makes the "status" field required (as in included in
the .deb) or someone rewrites VRMS to prompt for a CD or to actually go
looking for Packages files on the 'net...

Hmmm,
does VRMS report when it can not determine the status of a package.

- Bruce