Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Jun 23, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> Debian's counting method is more complicated than that :(  We use the
> concord accounting system where an option gets a "point" if more people
> prefer it to some other option... Debian only falls back to STV in case of
> a tie.

A fairly concise explanation of the system is at:

http://www.debian.org/vote/howto_result

I guess my next project is to write an explanation of the *actual*
voting system ;-)

[Aside: The best explanation I've ever seen of a non-trivial voting
system was done by the BBC's web site, explaining how the top-up PR
system would work in the elections for the Welsh Assembly and Scottish
Parliament.]

Chris
|          Chris Lawrence         |           Visit my home page!           |
|     <quango@watervalley.net>    |     http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/     |
|     Grad Student, Pol. Sci.     |      Visit the Amiga Web Directory      |
|    University of Mississippi    |     http://www.cucug.org/amiga.html     |