Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On 21 Jun 1999, Kevin Dalley wrote:

> If we really want to solve the problem, we should make it obvious that
> the files being downloaded are not from a designated free tree.
> Perhaps gnome-apt could display an evil-looking icon for non-free
> software.

Trouble is that the social contract says that we do support the use of
non-free software, putting an evil icon seems to be to be not supporting
the use of non-free software. The same argument is why it is listed in the
default apt source list - however it is pretty clear that during
downloading and selection that the software is in the non-free category.

Jason