Re: Proposed change to Debian constitution

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
> >
> > > What are the reasons for ever not letting new maintainers in?
> >
> > There are none, I agree.
> >
> > I'm very disappointed that Wichert has failed to reopen New
> > Maintainer.  This is the biggest failure of his tenure thus far, IMHO.
>
> Wichert hasn't failed for that and this is not Wicherts fault.  Don't
> make it one.  Wichert, Dwarf and myself were discussing things recently.

James Troup and myself were discussing things in March.  James, at the
time, said you and he were thinking of what to do.

Wichert and myself were discussing things in May.  At the time Wichert
said he had been in touch with you and expected to have something
ready `soonish'.

More people were discusssing it in Sep/Oct.  The end result of that
discussion was the creation of debian-project and not much else.  Most
people didn't bother subscrib to yet another list or missed Wichert
first post and the discussion ceased.

And now some more people are discussing things.

Wow, aren't patterns lovely.

Anand