Re: GR: Alternative editorial changes to the SC

* Nathanael Nerode (neroden@twcny.rr.com) [040327 23:10]:
> How about "...entirely free software.   This includes programs,
> documentation, data, and any other works which are part of the Debian
> system (except possibly license texts which are distributed only for legal
> reasons).  We provide the guidelines..."

The idea is definitly good. However, I'm not satisfied with the
wording and the place in the text.

> > 3.: keep the word "immediately" instead of "promptly" (as this is, at
> > least in my opinion, easier to understand for non-native speakers).

> It means something different; "promptly" is as soon as is reasonable;
> "immediately" is *right this minute, before you go downstairs*.

Well, I consider it of much more importance that the intention is
clear for as many people as possible, even if it is not 100% exact.
But perhaps there is a better way to express it both clear and
more precise.

Cheers,
Andi
--