Swearing on debian lists [Was: Re: First Call for votes: General resolution for the handling of the non-free section]

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 07:24:49PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > Moreover, the fact that you don't like something--even if it's something
> > bad--does not justify your use of language.
>
> i'll use any fucking language i like, whether you like it or not.
>
> and the more you try to tell me i do not have the right to use my language as i
> see fit, the more i will fucking insist on my fucking right to say whatever the
> fuck i want to say, using whatever fucking words i choose.

Actually you will not.

You may have missed the Debian lists code of conduct, which is available at [1].

I'll quote a bit of it to you now:

	* Do not use foul language; besides, some people receive the
	lists via packet radio, where swearing is illegal.

as well as:

	* Try not to  flame; it is not polite.

Pasc