Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 07:46:37PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> OK, fine, you've convinced me of the historic level of hypocrisy
> and wilful Social Contract violation in Debian.

A couple notes are in order here:

[1] You've not backed up your assertion with any reasoning.

[2] The problem with the Social Contract is ambiguity.  Ambiguity means
that different people can have different interpretations of the same text.

[3] Some of the interpretations I've proposed don't require hypocrisy
nor willful social contract violations.

> I guess I can blame incompetence on the part of Debian's leadership
> for not removing the stuff in 1999, or indeed 1997.  And 2004, too.

You can blame whoever you like.  However, in my opinion [see above]
that blame says more about you than it does about Debian.

--
Raul