Re: GR: Removal of non-free

On 2004-01-03 03:05:58 +0000 Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:

To summarise: "i don't want to non-free stuff on my systems, but i'm not

To summarise: "I don't want this GR to pass, but I'm not satisfied with just stating my opinion and discussing the issue - I want to make it a pain in the arse for everyone who wants to post disagreeing with me."

and learn to mind your own business when it comes to other people's systems.

I wonder whether you think only maintainers of non-free packages and the infrastructure should be allowed to vote on this.

Fact is, people who want non-free stuff (and DFSG-free too) already hunt in the contributed apt sources that you call "random collections of variable-quality junk." Personally, I'd like to see us deal with non-Debian collections better, rather than insulting them, but that's another issue.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at