Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 05:20:59AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 06:22:44PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > As a matter of practice, don't we generally distribute such CDs and
> > brochures freely-licensed?
>
> AFAIK, even our own logo is under a non-free license. I might be
> mistaken, though. (there has been an ironic comment on this matter by
> somebody either on -private or -vote lately about this)

The Open Use logo is freely licensed, isn't it?  If it isn't, it should
be.

I suppose retaining restrictive licensing on the Official Use logo
because I think it can have utility for purposes not directly relevant
to the distribution of an operating system.

However, this is very much a discussion for another list, like -project.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    You should try building some of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    stuff in main that is