Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 22:59:04 -0500, Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> said:

> On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 04:49:53PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
>> Well if you're right then I believe the electorate gets exactly
>> what it asks for--slow, steady improvement over the status quo.
>>
>> I.E. I believe the voting system works as desired--or at least as I
>> desire it.

> As I attempted to explain in my reply to Raul Miller, that you may
> disagree with the fanciful meditations which let me to start
> thinking about this issue isn't really germane to the problem I
> raised.

> As I said to Raul:

> 	[...] if the technique is consistently used, and people don't
> 	adapt their voting practices to compensate for it, that it
> 	could result in zero progress in an infinite number of steps,
> 	regardless of the actual collective desired pace of progress.

	Since you have yet to see this technique work even once, I
 think that you have yet to make your case that it can work in the
 first place.

	manoj
--
Adam and Eve had many advantages, but the principal one was, that they
escaped teething. Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"