Re: RFD: amendment of Debian Social Contract

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:19:22PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Actually, I disagree with one of the editorial changes (on-line ->
> online), but I haven't found any semantic changes in the proposal that I
> think I disagree with.  I haven't decided yet if I care about the
> editorial change enough to vote against the GR. ;P

As I said, I based my decision on GCIDE:

From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 [gcide]:

  online \on"line`\, on-line \on"-line`\adj.
     1. 1 (Computers) connected by a communications line to a
        computer. Opposite of {off-line}.

     Syn: online, on line(predicate).
          [WordNet 1.5]

     2. [prenominal] being in progress now; ongoing; as, on-line
        editorial projects. [Colloq.]

     Syn: in progress(predicate), ongoing, on line(predicate).
          [WordNet 1.5]

But I'm not wedded to it.  If everybody else hates it, that editorial
change can be reverted.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I am sorry, but what you have
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    mistaken for malicious intent is