Re: Proposed ballot for the constitutional amendment

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:39:24 -0400, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> said:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Will implies a wish as well. You think Devotee can have wishes, but
>> not intents? You should probably learn about the concept of
>> anthropomorphism.

> "The rock will fall at 9.8 m/s/s."

> You'd claim the rock is willing itself to fall?

	I claim that it is permissible to say that Devotee shall fail
 to decrypt your messages; indeed, I can state from reliable sources
 that devotee has no intent to even attempt any such decryption in the
 not so near future either. Not that I need anyones permission to so
 state on the ballot.

>> In any case, this is no longer open to debate.

> Well I'm glad you've settled that question of English usage. Would

	I am happy that you are glad.

> you care to move on to the question of whether "they" is appropriate
> as a neuter first-person pronoun? I've always wanted to get that one
> settled..

	As I do not seem to have used that term in the ballot, that is
 off limit for this list.  Contact me offline if you wish to learn of
 my opinion on that issue -- and I do have an opinion.

	manoj
--
Evolution is as much a fact as the earth turning on its axis and going
around the sun.  At one time this was called the Copernican theory;