stale keyring (was Re: [BALLOT] Leader Election 2001)

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 09:06:57AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> This is still not accepting my key. I'm using GPG with an RSA/IDEA key
> (generated with PGP originally). I confirmed that the signature is OK.
> The updated key was accepted into the keyring several weeks ago.

Updated how?

> I just sent a ballot encrypted with PGP (same key) to see if that would work.
> That was accepted.
>
> Sounds like the keyring you use is out of date (although the key is
> the same, so it shouldn't matter) or the scripts can't handle this
> situation properly.

I'll note that on vote.debian.org, in /org/keyring.debian.org/keyrings/ I
saw only one signature for you (in the .pgp file) while on my own machine
I've got the same signature for you twice in both the .gpg and .pgp files.

I don't know exactly what the significance of all this is but it does
indicate that the cannonical keyring is a bit stale.

I'm hoping the debian-admin team can rectify this.

Thanks,

--
Raul