Re: The constitution and the social contract

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 06:41:08PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  Folks, can we please stop grand standing and get the bloody show on
>  the road, please? <insert stories of how we got along intelligently
>  in the good old days here>. I understand the need for process, now
>  that we have grown beyond a cosy little group, but surely there is no
>  need for gag orders and rules for the sake of rules, is there?

Makes sense to me.

And, it's probably worth noting that we're explicitly not using Roberts
Rules of Order.  Our constitution fills that role (and defines a very
different sort of structure).

[slipping on my P.A.S. hat:]  However, as far as getting the show on
the road.. I thought it already was (on the road)?  [I know we have a
potential vote, or so, but please be patient on that count.]

Thanks,

--
Raul