Re: About the continuity of "debian-volatile" and "debian-volatile-announce" mailing lists

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Camaleón <noelamac+gmane@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been following these two mailing lists while Lenny was still
> supported, but now my guess is that these two lists are now also
> deprecated and no more announcements nor messages will be dropped here (I
> think "debian-stable-announcement" is the natural replacement).
>
> What's the status of these two lists? Can I safely stop monitoring them?

Good questions, (for which I have no answers)

Back in 2008 I thought volatile was going away
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors/2008/01/msg00002.html), but I
did a fresh Squeeze install yesterday and noticed it installed
volatile sources. O_o.   It's widely known that Debian moves slowly...
but 4 years seems to be pushing the envelope.  :-)

-Jim P.