Re: Spamassassin version 3.3.0

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 14:33, Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> wrote:
> backports.org is an unofficial service, and is more free to break working
> configurations on upgrade or othewise introduce incompatibilities.  It's
> down to the maintainers judgement which repo suits a given upload better.

Well, there seems to be no consistency in the thoughts behind the
maintainers decisions.   Perhaps Debian should provide some guidance?
  Another example, look at mod-security, it's got current stable
(etch) pkgs in backports, and unstable packages in main.   Maybe I'm
not following the logic behind these decisions, if someone can point
me to an FAQ I would appreciate it much.

-Jim P.