Procedures for _updated_ packages

Dear volatile-team,

I'm sort of confused about current procedures for uploads to volatile. I was
used to just upload clamav to volatile as it was an update only, and not a new
package, and I feel this worked fine a while ago. Now that recent upload of
clamav never made it to our users, apparently because of a missing update
announcement text. Reviewing the guidelines given at [1] again and again I still
think these only apply for packages that are NEW to volatile!?

Could somebody please help me clarify this? Meanwhile I'll prepare an update
announcement and find someone to send it to. The list doesn't seem to be the
right place.

Best,
Michael

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-volatile/