Re: ClamAV packages have been kept back

Mathias Tauber schrieb:
> Any known reasons for this?
>

> ~# apt-get upgrade -s
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> The following packages have been kept back:
>   clamav clamav-base clamav-daemon clamav-freshclam
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.

Hello Mathias,

I'm not sure but as I understood the following messages there are
serveral changes in clamav config, they have been kept for your own
savety - check the changes first and then run

# apt-get install clamav clamav-base clamav-daemon clamav-freshclam

and they will be upgraded.

See the attached mails for informations.

Best wishes,
Ivan

Debian Volatile Update Announcement VUA 27-1     http://volatile.debian.net
debian-volatile@lists.debian.org                         Martin Zobel-Helas
March 05th, 2007                                               Stephen Gran

Package              : clamav
Version              : 0.90.1-0volatile1
Importance           : medium

Upstream published version 0.90 of clamav some weeks ago, which introduced a
number of ABI changes along with a few security fixes, which have been
addressed in [VUA 25-1].  Therefor all packages build-depending on clamav
needed to be identified and be adapted to the new ABI. If you use any of the
following packages, please also consider to update these (addressed in
[VUA 28-1]):

 + clamcour
 + mimedefang
 + sylpheed-claws

While preparing these updates, clamav version 0.90.1 was published,
which is a
bugfix release only.

Though they're not strictly required for operation, users of the previous
version in volatile might get warnings. For this reason, an updated clamav
package is available in sarge/volatile as version 0.90.1-0volatile1. We
recommend that you update your system.

Upgrade Instructions
--------------------

You can get the updated packages at

http://volatile.debian.net/debian-volatile/pool/volatile/main/c/clamav/

and install them with dpkg, or add

 deb http://volatile.debian.net/debian-volatile sarge/volatile main
 deb-src http://volatile.debian.net/debian-volatile sarge/volatile main

to your /etc/apt/sources.list. You can also use any of our mirrors.
 see http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-volatile/volatile-mirrors for
the full list of mirrors.  The archive signing key can be downloaded from
http://volatile.debian.net/ziyi-sarge.asc

For further information about debian-volatile, please refer to
http://volatile.debian.net/ and
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-volatile/.

If there are any issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the
volatile team.

Debian Volatile Update Announcement VUA 28-1     http://volatile.debian.net
debian-volatile@lists.debian.org                         Martin Zobel-Helas
March 05th, 2007                                               Stephen Gran

Package              : clamcour
Version              : 0.2.2-1.1volatile2                 [1]

Package              : mimedefang
Version              : 2.51-2.1volatile1                  [2]

Package              : sylpheed-claws
Version              : 1.0.4-1sarge1.1volatile2           [3]

ClamAV Upstream published version 0.90 and introduced a number of ABI
changes
which leads to incompatibilities with third party applicatations using
libclamav. Therefor all packages depending on libclamav needed to be be
adapted
to the new ABI.

For sarge, updated packages are available in sarge/volatile. If you use
ClamAV in combination with any of the above packages, we recommend that you
update those packages on your system.

This advisory was sent out with builds of the following architectures being
available. The missing architectures will be released as soon as they are
available.

Architecture:
    alpha
    amd64         x x x