Re: SpamAssassin 3.2.1

Jesus Climent <jesus.climent@hispalinux.es> writes:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 09:25:47AM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
>> On Mon Jul 09, 2007 at 13:42:32 -0700, Jason Self wrote:
>> > It appears that volatile contains version 3.1.4. Would it be possible
>> > to have SpamAssassin updated to the version currently in testing?
>> > (Unless there's a reason it hasn't already been done?)
>>
>> It is up to the maintainer to upload a newer version to the volatile
>> archive. I already asked them to do so (see eg. [1]) and also spoke with
>> Jesus Climent about it several times.
>
> Sorry for my lack of activity.
>
> I have been working on some personal projects. I will try to get that done
> along this week.

Sorry for nagging.  I can understand that other projects take time, and
also that other projects are more important.

But I believe the volatile users need to get a clear message soon: Will
spamassassin ever be updated in volatile, or should we look elsewhere
(unstable/backports/other) for new versions?

I do note that the bug referred to by Martin, http://bugs.debian.org/428642 ,
includes a patch for spamassassin 3.2 on etch.  So building our own etch
package should be relatively easy.

Bjørn
--
I mean, you're a typical French person, totally criminal