Re: clamav needs updating

This one time, at band camp, Javier Amor García said:
> Hello,
>   we are interested in the new version of clamav to use it in the new
> release of eBox [0].
> An updated ClamAV is one of the last missing pieces left for the release
> so we would like to know when the volatile package will be ready.
> It will be ready in the first half of this week?

No, probably not.  As I feared, we have found a piece of software
(avscan) that is broken by some changes in the clamav public API in this
release.  I have been talking to the maintainer, and he is working on a
patch with upstream.  Once I have some idea of how that's going, I will
upload to volatile, but not until we have a supportable path that
doesn't break other software in the archive, sorry.

If you need something quickly, grab the source package from unstable and
rebuild on your platform.

Take care,