updating smartmontools

Hello, I am writing to the list to ask if you can move smartmontools from Debian
Backports to the stable distribution.

I installed smartmontools and was trying to figure out why it was not recognizing my WD
hdds connected to my 3ware RAID controller. Bruce Allen on the smartmontools team
pointed out that I was using a version of smartmontools that was more than 2 years old
(5.32) while the current is 5.36.

I then emailed the maintainer of the Debian smartmontools package, Guido Guenther, if he
would make the updates and he suggested that I contact you in order to get it moved into
sarge.

I have personally already used the package from backports. But this would really help
others. Smartmontools is a necessity for anybody who is using ATA hdds in their servers.
We need to have the latest version in order to contain the latest hdd definitions and
support for the newer hardware like 3ware 9550SX controller cards.

I am not subscribed to the list, please CC me on any of the emails.

Thanks,
Dhaval