Re: sun java 1.5 in debian volatile

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 07:50:46PM +0100, Luis Matos wrote:
> Package: sun-java5
> Severity: whishlist
>
> Is it possible to have in volatile a version of java 1.5 for sarge?
>
> I know it is an new package, but, in remembered to fill this bug and ...
> it's done then.
>
> Offcourse, include it in volatile when it is stable.

I've requested an account for backports.org and have already been
briefly looking into providing a version for sarge to backports.org. You
can expect that to happen possibly this week, or otherwise in June or so
(unless someone else beats me to it or something).

Volatile is inappropriate for this package.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl