Re: Re: Review of the gtk-gnutella patch

Hi,

I'll just address one of your points:

> 2) The package as it sits is apparently completely useless anyway
> (because it depends on a "package dependency" -- the old version of the
> network protocol -- that no longer is valid). BTW, why isn't there a
> gnutella library and treat gtk-gnutella as a client only? hm.

Creation of a libgnutella is in progress, but that would just make it
even more complicated if I were to approach the volatile group.

Anyway, I now just advise people to forget about volatile and recompile
the package themselves.  volatile was a good idea but the execution has
been so poor that it isn't useful any longer.

Anand

--
 `When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
  its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are