Re: Australian mirror

Hi Jeff,

On Thursday, 05 Jan 2006, you wrote:
> It appears that public.planetmirror.com no longer works as an apt
> source. It appears to send html pages rather than the real file.

Yes, i realized that already yesterday, as our nagios-checks cried about
that. I sent a mail to Dan @ planetmirror yesterday regarding this
problem, but still waiting for an answer from him.

> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
> Failed to fetch http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/debian-volatile/dists/sarge/volatile/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz  Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
> W: Couldn't stat source package list http://public.planetmirror.com sarge/volatile/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/public.planetmirror.com_pub_debian-volatile_dists_sarge_volatile_main_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
>

> downloads.planetmirror.com works. Maybe you can update your mirrors page.

I still hope they change that back to public.planetmirror.com, as i
guess it broke not only your setup.

Greetings
Martin