Ethernet not working on a Dell notebook

Hello,

thanks for your answers.

I used the cable with other notebooks and it worked.

In any case I used another cable to test it, but I had the same reactions, no connection!

Today I had to give the command 3 times before having a connection...

So I give a try to ask to ChatGPT what does it mean that command and this was the answer:

<The 'sudo mii-tool enp19s0 -F 10baseT-FD' command is used to configure the settings of an Ethernet network interface on a Linux system. Here is a detailed explanation of each part of the command:
- sudo: This prefix is used to execute the next command with privileges
superuser (root). It is required to change network settings, which require privileges
high.
- mii-tool: This is a command that allows you to check and configure network interfaces
Ethernets that support the MII (Media IndependentInterface) interface. It is particularly useful
to configure low-level network settings.
- enp19s0: This is the name of the network interface you want to configure. The names of
Network interfaces may vary depending on the system, but in this case, enp19s0 is the name
assigned to a specific Ethernet interface.
- F 10baseT-FD: This option specifies the type of Ethernet connection you want
configure. 10baseT-FD indicates that you are configuring the interface to use a
10 Mbps Ethernet connection in Full Duplex mode.
Full Duplex means the interface can transmit and receive data simultaneously,
improving network performance.
In summary, the sudo mii-tool enp19s0 -F 10baseT-FD command configures the enp19s0 Ethernet network interface to use a 10 Mbps connection in Full Duplex mode. This can be useful for optimizing network performance or troubleshooting connectivity issues.>