Installing Debian on an old Asus EEE PC

Hello,

anybody here have any experience installing a recent(-ish) version of
Debian on an Asus EEE PC?  This is a small notebook sized laptop with
Celeron cpu and little space & memory.  I've just found one in one of my
boxes and thought I'd see if I can make use of it.  It's currently
running with a 2.x kernel!

I have found some bits and bobs on the Interweb but I thought I'd ask
here in case somebody in this group/list has direct experience.

Thank you,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-09-14) on Debian 12.2