Re: moving some packages back to bookworm stable

On 5/27/24 20:02, Stefan Monnier wrote:
# apt install -t=bookworm db-util db5.3-util libc-bin libc-dev-bin

I can never remember exactly what `-t` really does, but I suspect you'll
need things like

     apt install libc-bin/bookworm

To install a single backported (or other release) package,
apt-get install packagename/releasename

and to install a backported package plus dependencies which
are also from that specific release, use
apt-get -t releasename packagename

But that's not the whole story of what `-t` does since the above does
not explain why his attempt to use `-t` to downgrade some packages
resulted in `apt` saying "<blabla> is already the newest version".

Sometimes '-t' works for me, and does what I expect, and sometimes
it doesn't.  So I generelly use now the explicit version:

apt install libc-bin=2.36-9+deb12u7

  Detlef